Join us in our upcoming camping and hiking adventure in Wadi Hidan, on the first day
we will start our hike from Wadi Zarqa Main in Madaba to ascend the impressive plateau
of Al ‘Arid to have a panoramic view of the Dead Sea and the mountains of Jerusalim,
then the trail starts descending a long Wadi to meet a track, followed by a valley
crossing to finally reach the depths of the first official Wadi of the region, Wadi Hidan.
Spend the night at the gorge, to get the chance to explore Hidan’s exciting waterways,
waterfalls, and natural pools, where we will set up camp for the night
Early breakfast next morning then we start ascending the plateau of Mathlutha, which
offers dramatic views over Wadi Hidan, Wadi Mujib, the mountains of Karak and the
Dead Sea, the trail then steeply descends and continues on a shepherd’s path
through profound cliffs to reach the spectacular depths of Wadi Mujib. referred to
by some as the Grand Canyon of Jordan. then we follow a path between the farms
to get back on our bus and head back to Amman
we want to make sure you have a great time, so please bring most,
if not all, the items on this list:
And don’t forget you can RENT camping gear from us!
- ID and/or passport
- Water (3 liters per person for day 1- we will provide water on day 2)
- Around 25 L backpack to carry the belongings you need for the day
- Duffle bag to leave in the support vehicle
- Personal sleeping bag
- Personal tent & sleeping bag (or inform us and we can arrange them for you)
- Pillow (optional)
- Trail snacks, such as chocolate, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc.
- Your favorite coffee or tea for the morning
- Personal bowl, spoon, and mug (important!) Let’s try to reduce waste or even make
a trash-free hiking trip!
- Comfortable hiking/walking clothes and an extra change of clothes
- Hiking shoes/boots
- Flip flops/sandals to wear around the campsite
- Buff/cap/head cover/bandana
- Hiking pole(s) (optional)
- Headlamp & Batteries
- Sun protection - SPF 30 or more
- Fleece/ down jacket/ raincoat
- Transportation to and from the hike
- 4WD support vehicles
- Meals (including 2x lunch, 1x dinner, 2x breakfast)
- Support vehicle to carry all the belongings and camping equipment
- Hot tea breaks along the trail
- Water fill up on day 2 (bring bladders or reusable water bottles)
- Experienced TREKS guides (First Aid Certified)
- First Aid Kit
- GPS navigation system
The payment needs to be done 48 hours before the trip to confirm your reservation.
Bank transfers, cash, and a credit card are accepted forms of payment.
- Cash and credit card payments are valid at our store/office (Location) & website
- Bank transfer/deposit at Bank El-Etihad, details below.
- CliQ, Instant Payment (for local accounts only)
o Alias: TREKS
Company Name: Treks Travel & Tourism
Bank Name: Bank Al Etihad
Swift Number: UBSIJOAXXXX
IBAN Number: JOD JO73UBSI1010000010129902316301
Account Number: JOD 0010129902316301
Qliq Instant payment Alias: TREKS
- More than 48 hours in advance: No Problem!
- Less than 48 hours in advance: 100% of fees are non-refundable
|No. of Person||Price per Person|